Mini Bacon and Potato FrittatasFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled baking potato (about 12 ounces) shopping list
- 5 bacon slices (uncooked) shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 7 large egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place potato in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 4 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add potato, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and thyme to drippings in pan; cook 8 minutes or until potato is lightly brown over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine the potato mixture, bacon, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons chives, cheese, pepper, egg whites, and eggs, stirring well with a whisk. Coat 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg mixture into each muffin cup. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool 5 minutes on a wire rack. Remove frittatas from muffin cups. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon chives.