Red And Green Bell Pepper BitesFrom jones2888 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard the stems, ribs and seeds. Cut each half into six pieces. Arrange the pieces with the skin side down on a decorative serving platter. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, dry-roast the almonds over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the almonds to a small plate and reserve for garnishing. Process the remaining almonds in a food processor or blender for 15 to 20 seconds, or until finely ground.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon pepper seasoning blend, and lemon juice with an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy. Add the ground almonds and beat for 10 seconds, or until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a wide star or round tip. Or snip the corner off a resealable plastic bag (a plastic freezer bag works well) and spoon in the mixture. Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto each bell pepper piece. Garnish with the sliced almonds.
- Per Serving (3 bites) Calories 39, Total Fat .5 g, Saturated Fat 0.0 g, Trans Fat 0.0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g, Cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 71 mg, Carbohydrates 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 3 g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 fat
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!