White Chocolate Cherry Ginger CookiesFrom zanna 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup oats, quick-cooking or old-fashioned (not instant) shopping list
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (see Tip) shopping list
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (see Tip) shopping list
- TIP: Dried cranberries or blueberries will also work in place of cherries; all can be found, along with crystallized ginger, in the baking, dried fruit or produce sections of supermarkets and natural-foods stores. shopping list
How to make it
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Whisk flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt and ground ginger in a small bowl.
- Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; stir to combine.
- Add oats, chocolate, cherries and crystallized ginger; stir just to combine.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until puffed and barely golden around the edges, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on the pans for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per cookie: 115 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrate; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 84 mg sodium; 38 mg potassium.
- 1 Carbohydrate Serving
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.