Asparagus Roll UpsFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a small bowl cream together your cream cheese, sour cream and Herb and Garlic seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large 6 qt (or greater) fill 3/4 with water and allow to come to a boil. Add 1/4 cup salt once boil has been accomplished.
- Take your asparagus and trim them so they are all 4-5" in length (you can always save what you cut off the bottom for some great asparagus soup) place in boiling water - set timer to 4 mins. Perpare an ice bath - in large bowl add 6 cups of ice and cover with cold water. Once the asparagus have reached the 4 min mark with a slotted spoon remove and place in the ice bath to shock them.
- Remove one at a time to a dryin towel once the are completely cooled.
- Take your deli meats and cut them into 3 1/2 stripes (the cut side of the meat will be the down side of your cut asparagus) take your spread and generously spread over the deli meat - then take an asparagus tip and place it at the end of the meat so you have cut side of the meat and cut side of asparagus together. Roll the meat around the asparagus. If you have a lot of patience and I mean a lot since this simple dish already takes a lot more than usual patience you could take an onion green top and split them into 1/8" strings, and tie them at mid portion of your appie. Arrange them in a circle in the center place some split onion greens and enjoy!!!