Salt And Pepper CalamariFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 1 lb. prepared calamari tubes, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil shopping list
- 1 bottle Thai sweet chili sauce shopping list
- fresh-cut limes (for garnish) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, lightly chopped (for garnish) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Thai fresh red chili pepper chopped shopping list
- 1 Thai fresh greed chili pepper chopped shopping list
- 2 green onion chopped (for garnish) shopping list
- 2 gloves of chopped garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw the calamari (if using frozen). Using a knife, cut open the calamari tubes so that they lie flat or cut into ring if desire
- Rinse the calamari and place on a absorbent paper. Pat them dry. Try to dry them as well as possible, otherwise the spice mixture won't stick and place in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the oil over the calamari and mix well.
- Now add the salt, cayenne pepper, cornstarch and shake out the acess cornstarch. Again, mix well until all the calamari strips are coated in the spices. Set in the refrigerator to marinate.
- Heat up your wok , add about 1 Tbsp. oil and swirl around, then add the garlic, chopped chili both red and green cook about 2 minutes and then add calamari. Turn the heat down to medium and pan-fry 1-2 minutes per side, or until the calamari curls up around the edges....don't overcook the calamari, or it will no longer be tender.
- To serve, place the calamari on a serving platter. Drizzle the lime juice over or arrange it around your serving plate. Add a final sprinkling of fresh coriander and chopped green onion.
- This dish can be serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping (available at most Asian markets). This dish can be served as is, or with rice. ENJOY!
- Don't forget TRY IT IN YOUR FAVORITE SALAD, just mix, toss and top with you favorit dressing.