Stuffed Crown Roast Of PorkFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced celery shopping list
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, diced, about 2 cups shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries, optional shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf sage, crumbled, or poultry seasoning shopping list
- 4 cups toasted bread cubes shopping list
- 1 crown roast of pork, about 7 to 9 pounds shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium low heat; add the chopped onion, celery, apples, and chopped dried cranberries.
- Cook, stirring, for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar, hot water, lemon juice, salt, sage or poultry seasoning, and bread cubes.
- Place roast in a roasting pan.
- Fill the crown of the roast with stuffing, heaping in center. Cover stuffing with a piece of foil to prevent drying out and wrap ends of each bone with a small piece of foil.
- Roast at 325° for 3 to 4 hours, or until the meat registers about 175° on a meat thermometer.
- Remove foil.
- If desired, decorate tips with paper frills.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
I really need to try this... I've been thinking about it for years. It might be what I do for Mother's Day.
^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
I love this... it is a recipe that was soooo popular in the 60's! Yummmylinebb956 in La Feria loved it
Oh yeah... It is almost impossible to find... the "BOOTIES", I had to make them!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!