Pepper SteakFrom dixiediner 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless top sirloin steak shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold water shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from steak, and slice diagonally across grain into 1/8 inch thick strips; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers, and garlic, and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add steak, and cook 4 minutes, stirring often. Add broth and soy sauce; cook 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/3 cup cold water; stir into steak mixture. Cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly, about 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.