Buckeye CakeFrom crs101271 6 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 3 packets (1 oz each) Nestle Toll House Choco Bake unsweetened chocolate Flavor shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- peanut butter LAYER: shopping list
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- GANACHE: shopping list
- 2 cups (12 oz package) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup Nestle Toll House peanut butter & milk chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; grease.
- FOR CAKE: Combine eggs and sugar in large bowl. Stir in flour, melted butter, Choco Bake, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack or 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake; cool for an additional 10 minutes. Invert cake onto serving platter. Remove pan and parchment; cool completely.
- FOR PEANUT BUTTER LAYER: Beat peanut butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until combined. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Spread mixture on cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- FOR GANACHE: Heat cream in small saucepan to boiling; remove from heat. Add semisweet chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes. Stir; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture is spreadable. Spread chocolate on top and sides of cake.
- Melt peanut butter & milk chocolate chips in resealable plastic bag in microwave on 70% power for 30 seconds. Knead bag to mix. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals until melted. Cut a small hole from corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake. Store in refrigerator. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
The Cookcrs101271 Norton, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!