Beef Short RibsFrom ejergens 9 years ago
- 4 to 5 lbs beef short ribs cut into serving-size pieces shopping list
- 2 cups flour w/ salt and pepper to season shopping list
- 1 cup red wine of your choice shopping list
- 2 15oz cans beef broth shopping list
- 1 8oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 3 celery stalks, grated shopping list
- 2 carrots, grated shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled, grated shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- herbs to taste shopping list
- oil for searing shopping list
How to make it
- Short ribs are usually braised in an oven but I have discovered that they are just as good and WAY easier to do in the crock pot.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Put a skillet on the stove on med-high heat and add oil.
- Drudge each short rib in flour mixture and add to skillet.
- Sear all sides of each short ribs. When they are seared, remove from skillet and add to crock pot with remaining ingredients.
- Put crock pot on low for 4-5 hours or so, the meat will fall off the bone when it is done.
- Remove meat and set aside on serving dish
- Remove bay leaves and disgard
- Pour all of the rest of the cock pot contents into the blender and puree into a smooth sauce to pour over meat and potatoes.
- Parmesean mashed potatoes are the best accompaniment to this dish.
- The beauty of this recipe is that it can be modified to suit your taste. You can substitute more broth in place of the wine, you can add your favorite herbs and spices. You can also use pork short ribs instead of beef short ribs. ENJOY!! And have fun!
The Cookejergens Las Vegas, NV
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!