Chocolate Cornflake CakesFrom lillyann 7 years ago
- The base shopping list
- 150 grams (7/8 cup) cornflakes shopping list
- 50 grams (1.765 ounces) chopped toasted hazelnuts shopping list
- 50 grams (1.765 ounces) raisins soaked in Grand Marnier shopping list
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) best quality dark chocolate shopping list
- 50 grams (1.765 ounces) ready to eat apricots shopping list
- The Topping shopping list
- 350g (12.3 ounces) chocolate shopping list
- 350ml (11.8 ounce) whipping cream shopping list
- 1tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the chocolate - Melt the 100g of chocolate, mix with the hazelnuts raisins, chopped apricots and the cornflakes.
- Spread the mixture - Spread the mixture into the base of a six-inch spring-loaded cake tin, or similar size lined, deep tray.
- Whip the cream - Whip the cream to the ribbon stage, that is, until it leaves the trail of the whisk. Whisk in the cinnamon.
- Fold in the chocolate - Fold in the melted chocolate. Mix to amalgamate leaving a smooth truffle-like consistency. Pour on to the cornflake base.
- Leave to set and serve - Leave to set for at least four hours. Dust with cocoa and serve.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating12 people
Sounds great one,specialy with the Apricots addition..Your pictures are great and so proffetional.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
but do the cornflakes still give them the crunch,after mixing them into the melted chocolate?iffyo in loved it
awsome recipe added cornflakes a plus high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!