Artichoke BruschettaFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional) shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion shopping list
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 french baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices shopping list
- 20 olives (optional) shopping list
- 2 diced tomatoes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano cheese, red onion and mayonnaise. Top French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.
- Note: My only tip - lightly toast the bread under the broiler on each side before adding the topping and broiling. The bread holds up much better this way. Otherwise I find that it tends to get a bit soggy.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating8 people
Yum! I can't wait to try this.... I'll make it Tuesday to bring to a get together with both my sisters for the distribution of our new Family Heritage Cookbook that has taken us a year and a half to get into print. I am sure they will love your reci...morewhuebl in Annapolis loved it
Yep, made it today and other than not getting the onion cut up fine enough, it was wonderful! What I did was toss everything into a small food chopper and run it about 30 seconds (should have gone a minute or more) and then put the chunky paste into ...morewhuebl in Annapolis loved it
I made this to this evening, it was wonderful.gabrielle in Austin loved it