Hatch Green Chili StewFrom squirrel_nut 9 years ago
- 8oz pork - trimmed or 8oz chicken shopping list
- 1 tbs flour shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3-4 Red new potatoes or your choice. approx 1lb potato. shopping list
- 1.5 cups tomato shopping list
- 1/2 cup Hatch green chilis shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp New Mexico red chili powder shopping list
- 1 qt chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Cool the Pork (or chicken) and then sprinkle with flour.
- in a large saucepan, heat oil and fry pork until sealed.
- dice the potatoes, tomato and Green Chilis.
- crush and mince the garlic.
- add all the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and cover.
- cook at a low simmer for 4hrs.
- serve with flour tortillas.
- (try adding white onion, celery or red bell pepper as you see fit. its a stew!)
The Cooksquirrel_nut Austin, TX
The Rating2 people
I used to live in albuquerque, nm and one of my strongest (and favorite) memories was the aroma of roasting hatch green chiles wafting through the air. I just absolutely loooove them. I used to put them on my cheeseburgers and tuna fish sandwiches ...moregreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
this was easy to make and tasted wonderful! the smell transported me back to the days when i lived in Santa Fe : ) i will definitely be making this again.dscootermama in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!