Hatch Green Chili StewFrom squirrel_nut 5 years ago
- 8oz pork - trimmed or 8oz chicken shopping list
- 1 tbs flour shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3-4 Red new potatoes or your choice. approx 1lb potato. shopping list
- 1.5 cups tomato shopping list
- 1/2 cup Hatch green chilis shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp New Mexico red chili powder shopping list
- 1 qt chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Cool the Pork (or chicken) and then sprinkle with flour.
- in a large saucepan, heat oil and fry pork until sealed.
- dice the potatoes, tomato and Green Chilis.
- crush and mince the garlic.
- add all the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and cover.
- cook at a low simmer for 4hrs.
- serve with flour tortillas.
- (try adding white onion, celery or red bell pepper as you see fit. its a stew!)
The Cooksquirrel_nut Austin, TX
The Rating2 people
this was easy to make and tasted wonderful! the smell transported me back to the days when i lived in Santa Fe : ) i will definitely be making this again.dscootermama in loved it
I used to live in albuquerque, nm and one of my strongest (and favorite) memories was the aroma of roasting hatch green chiles wafting through the air. I just absolutely loooove them. I used to put them on my cheeseburgers and tuna fish sandwiches ...moregreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!