Zesty Slow Cooker Italian Pot RoastFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (4 cups) shopping list
- 2 cups fresh OR frozen whole baby carrots shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 medium italian plum tomato, diced shopping list
- 2 1/2 lb. beef bottom round roasts OR lb. beef chuck pot roast shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed tomato soup OR I use home made marinara sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped roasted garlic * OR chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. each dried basil leaves, dried oregano leaves and dried parsley flakes, crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp. vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- PLACE potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in 3 1/2-qt. slow cooker. Season roast with pepper and place on top.
- MIX soup, water, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar. Pour over all.
- COVER and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hr. or until done.** Serves 4 to 6.
- TIP: For thicker gravy, mix 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water. Remove roast from cooker. Stir flour mixture into cooker, cover and cook on HIGH about 10 min. or until mixture boils and thickens.
- *To roast garlic, place whole garlic bulb on piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil and wrap. Roast at 350°F. for 45 min. or until soft. Peel and chop garlic.
- **Or on HIGH 5 to 6 hr.
- Comes out better when cooked on low.