Chocolate Chip BiscottiFrom jillk2000 7 years ago
- 1 teasp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 lrg eggs shopping list
- 1 lrg egg white shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teasp ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ teasp baking powder shopping list
- ½ teasp baking soda shopping list
- ½ teasp salt shopping list
- ¼ teasp allspice shopping list
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate mini chips (or regular) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine vanilla, eggs, and egg white in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour and next 6 ingredients (flour through allspice) in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture, and chocolate chips to egg mixture; stir mixture until well-blended. Divide dough in half, and turn out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Shape each portion of dough into a 12-inch-long roll; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool rolls for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut each roll diagonally into 18 (1/2-inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 10 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on wire racks.