Apple Cake With Brown Sugar FrostingFrom racerrat 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cardamom shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 4 cups peeled, roughly chopped apples shopping list
- Penuce frosting shopping list
- 5 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour 9 x13 pan.
- Mix all ingredients except apples in a large bowl. beat until well combined; the mixture will be crumbly. Add the apples and mix until apples release some of their juice and mixture becomes a thick batter.
- Spread the batter in prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Remove from oven and cool completely. Frost with penuce frosting.
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and cook, stirring, until the sugar melts. Add the milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, pour into a mixing bowl, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add confectioners sugar and vanilla. Beat well. Add more confectioners sugar, if needed. Frost cake while frosting is still warm.