Scoobs Bird NestFrom kingscoob 7 years ago
How to make it
- Garlic butter one side of the bread and cut a hole the size of a yolk in the middle. (Normal butter is OK I guess but not the Scoob's style)
- In a small frying pan thats set on medium - mediumhigh add enough butter so it wil cover the bottom of the pan when melted.
- After the butter is melted and the pan is hot toss the unbuttered side of the bread on the pan and let it cook by itself for about 10-15 seconds.
- Now crack a fresh egg and drop it right in the hole of the bread.
- Salt and pepper the top to your taste. I like a lot of salt on these buggers but you can add too much sometimes.
- You want to flip this when the bottom is getting brown and crispy and before the yolk cooks.
- Salt and pepper the flipped side now and wait for the bottom to cook. (Crispy brown toast and solid egg white but soft yolk if you like it slimy! MMMmmMMMMmmmml)
- Enjoy yoself!
The Cookkingscoob 46385, IN
The Rating6 people
I like your style! We calls these Bullseyes - but I've never made them with garlic butter - gotta give that I try.
We also save the hunk of bread cut from the middle - lather it up with butter and fry both sides and use it for skinny dippi...morepossumqueen in Small Town loved it
We do ours the same as possumqueen,so will have to try the garlic butter,thanks for a unique twist to a favorite breakfast...robertg in loved it
I love this and can't wait to try it with garlic butter!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!