Quick Chicken And Dumplings For 2From rrobby 6 years ago
- 3 bone in, skin on chicken thighs shopping list
- water to cover shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning shopping list
- yellow onion, course chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. chicken granules shopping list
- 3 Tbls. AP flour shopping list
- 3 Tbls. soft butter or olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 C. 1/2 & 1/2 shopping list
- 3/4 C. biscuit mix shopping list
- 3 squirts Cholula hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chicken granules shopping list
- water to make thick dough shopping list
How to make it
- In a med. sauce pan, place chicken, water, poultry seasoning, onion, and chicken granules.
- Bring to rolling boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover
- Simmer for 15 min. Remove chicken to plate and drain liquid into separate bowl.
- When chicken is cooled enough to handle, remove skin and bones and cut into bitesize chunks. Set aside.
- Discard onion and return liquid to sauce pan. Heat on medium
- In the bowl you used to drain liquid, mix biscuit mix, Cholula, chicken granules and enough water to make a thick, sticky dough. Set aside.
- Make a roux with the butter (or olive oil) and flour
- Blend into the hot broth, gradually, with a whisk, stirring vigorously
- Once incorporated and smooth, whisk in 1/2 & 1/2. Hold at medium.
- Drop prepared dough by the tablespoonful into gravy. Reduce heat to med. low and cover.
- Cook 10 min. Replace chicken chunks. (If necessary, you can remove a dumpling or two to get the chicken into the gravy).
- Replace cover and continue cooking an addition 10 min.
- Plate dumplings and top with gravy.
- Serve chicken and gravy along side.
- Serve with a green vegetable for color contrast.
The Cookrrobby McCall, ID
The Rating2 people
Great quick recipe luv this one high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I am making this right now. I am realy looking forward to trying it. I am using 3 chicken leg quarters instead. Want leftovers for lunch tomorrow!cmon68 in Windsor loved it
AMAZING!! I cant say enough about it. Never made dumplings before. mmmmmmm;)) The chohula was a great idea you had. TYVM for a greatrecipe that I will make again.cmon68 in Windsor loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!