Green Tea Layer CakeFrom sola 9 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 tsp.s powdered green tea-japanese matcha powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp.s green tea powder shopping list
- 4 tbls softened butter shopping list
- 8 Oz cream cheese,softened shopping list
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease & flour 2 -9 inch round pans.
- Sift together flours,baking soda,salt and green tea powder.Set aside.
- In large bowl,beat together sugar,oil and eggs until smooth.Stir in vanilla.Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the yogurt,mixing until just incorparated.Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes,or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before turning out of pans.
- To make frosting;sift together confectioners sugar and green tea powder.In a medium bowl,combine tea mixture with butter,cream cheese,vanilla and milk.Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- To assemble cake;when cakes are completely cooled,put one layer on a flat serving plate.Spread a thin layer of frosting over it.Place the other layer of cake on top,and spread frosting to cover the top and sides of cake.Dust with green tea powder if desired.Serve cold or room temperture.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooksola Charlotte, NC
The Rating2 people
Oooooh, I love this! Usually have it on my birthday but from the cake shop, and it costs a bomb! I am glad I found your recipe, I will try this for sure. Thank you so much for posting. Got my 5danadooley in Singapore loved it
Thank you for this awesome recipe!! Loved it!brightskies in Lake Mary loved it