Cajun CakeFrom dixiediner 7 years ago
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Set aside. Cream 1/2 cup softened butter; gradually add 1 1/2 cup sugar, beating well at medium speed of a hand-held mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Pour batter into a grease and floured 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and place on serving plate.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, evaporated milk, coconut, and pecans in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spoon topping over warm cake; cool. If desired, sprinkle cake with toasted coconut and garnish with pineapple slices.