German Red CabbageFrom thepiggs 9 years ago
How to make it
- Chop the cabbage into 4 quarters, cut out the central core and shred.
- Peel and core apple. Chop into small pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a large pan with about 1 ¼ cups water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer on low heat, for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- The cabbage should be tender but not soft with little liquid left.
- Serve hot. If making ahead, cool and chill. Reheat thoroughly to serve.
The Cookthepiggs MO
- Not added to any groups yet!