Honey Harvest Wheat BreadFrom undercoverangel 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place 1 / 2 cup warm water in large bowl.
- Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved.
- Add remaining water, honey, oil, salt, and 1 cup flour.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; remove to lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle.
- Beginning at short end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll.
- Pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place, seam side down in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375oF for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
The Cookundercoverangel Sugarloaf, CA
The Rating2 people
I am trying this right now. I like that it is just 1 loaf, since I like to make a few different flavors at a time.momoften in nowhere loved it
Just wanted to add that it is a very good bread. We are enjoying it very much.momoften in nowhere loved it
My family devoured half the loaf while it was still hot out of the oven. Highly Recommended and easy to make.srdzak in Arvada loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!