Tasty Pickled BeetsFrom thepiggs 8 years ago
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of sliced beets shopping list
- 1½ cups beet juice shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 large vidalia onions or other super sweet onion shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Drain beets, saving the juice. Add water if necessary to make 1-1/2 cups of juice. Set aside.
- Slice onion and combine with the beets in a glass or non-reactive bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat the beet juice, vinegar and spices until steaming (not boiling) then add the sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar and heat just to a boil.
- Pour the hot juice over the beets and onions, stir and let cool.
- When cool, cover and refrigerate. Allow to set for at least 24 hours.
The Cookthepiggs MO
- Not added to any groups yet!