Thai Chicken with Basil Stir FryFrom kinggonzo 7 years ago
- * 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice shopping list
- * 1 quart water shopping list
- * 3/4 cup coconut milk shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar shopping list
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- * 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- * 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced shopping list
- * 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- * 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips shopping list
- * 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- * 5 green onions, chopped shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring rice and water to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- 3. In a skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, ginger, and garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Mix in chicken strips, and cook about 3 minutes, until browned. Stir in the coconut milk sauce. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced be about 1/3. Mix in mushrooms, green onions, and basil, and cook until heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.
The Cookkinggonzo Scarborough, GB
The Rating4 people
5 from me!berry in Riverside loved it
Hi, KingGonzo :)
This sounds very much like a Thai Chicken Basil stir-fry that I make, but mine doesn't include the coconut milk -- I bet that's what's been missing !! Thank you for posting this!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
made this without the mushrooms but added some red and orange peppers. It was quite good, but a bit dry. I'm making it again tonight, gonna use fresh lemon basil and a bit more sauce.gilbum in Saskatoon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!