Thai Chicken with Basil Stir FryFrom kinggonzo 7 years ago
- * 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice shopping list
- * 1 quart water shopping list
- * 3/4 cup coconut milk shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar shopping list
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- * 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- * 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced shopping list
- * 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- * 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips shopping list
- * 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- * 5 green onions, chopped shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring rice and water to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- 3. In a skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, ginger, and garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Mix in chicken strips, and cook about 3 minutes, until browned. Stir in the coconut milk sauce. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced be about 1/3. Mix in mushrooms, green onions, and basil, and cook until heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.
The Cookkinggonzo Scarborough, GB
The Rating4 people
Hi, KingGonzo :)
This sounds very much like a Thai Chicken Basil stir-fry that I make, but mine doesn't include the coconut milk -- I bet that's what's been missing !! Thank you for posting this!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
5 from me!berry in Riverside loved it
made this without the mushrooms but added some red and orange peppers. It was quite good, but a bit dry. I'm making it again tonight, gonna use fresh lemon basil and a bit more sauce.gilbum in Saskatoon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!