KEY LIME CHICKEN WITH PECAN STUFFINGFrom saltymike 9 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- ½ cup key lime juice shopping list
- zest of 1 key lime shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted + ½ stick butter, melted (lightly salted is OK) shopping list
- 3 cups dried, finely crumbled cornbread shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes shopping list
- ¾ cup chopped pecans shopping list
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together cornbread crumbs, 1 stick melted butter, onion, celery, parsley, walnuts, ½ teaspoon seasoned salt, and enough water to moisten.
- Place mixture in the bottom of a medium sized, greased casserole dish.
- Dip chicken breast halves in lime juice then coat with remaining butter and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on top of stuffing. Sprinkle lime zest over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer until chicken is lightly browned.