Arroz Con Camarones - Shrimp and RiceFrom adacowan 8 years ago
- 2 lbs. shrimp (cleaned and deveined - save corals and tails) shopping list
- 4 C. rice shopping list
- ½ C. white wine shopping list
- ½ C. beer shopping list
- 13 garlic cloves, mashed shopping list
- 1 C. chopped onion shopping list
- 3 T. ají paste (yellow chili pepper) shopping list
- 2 T. paprika shopping list
- 1 lb. green peas shopping list
- 4 sweet bell peppers, finely chopped shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Minced parsley shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium size pan, sauté 3 crushed garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons oil until golden .
- Add 4 cups water, cover pan, bring to a boil and add rice. Cover pan.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, over low heat, or until rice is done.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil on top and mix the rice with a fork.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Clean and devein shrimp.
- Separate corals and tails.
- Boil water with salt in a large pan, add shrimp tails and cook for 2 minutes until they turn pink.
- Drain and reserve shrimps.
- Sauté the rest of the crushed garlic cloves, onion, bell peppers, aji paste, paprika, salt and pepper in a large frying pan.
- Add beer and shrimps corals, boil a few minutes.
- Add white wine and cooked rice.
- Carefully stir, until rice gets a uniform color.
- Continue cooking for a few minutes until rice dries and grains separate.
- Serve on a platter. Decorate with peas, shrimp tails and finely chopped parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookadacowan CA
The Rating4 people
This sounds so amazing, and looks delicious. Every bit a 5 :)coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it