Creme Brulee UltimateFrom 24razor 6 years ago
How to make it
- split vanilla pod place in sauce pan withall the cream and milk.
- Slowly heat until small bubbles apear at the edge of the pan -but do not boil.
- Remove from heat & set aside.
- pre-heat oven to 180 deg C
- Place egg YOLKES in a large bowl, add 75g (3oz) of the caster sugar, & whisk until pale & "fluffy".
- Heat the vanilla/cream agian, and in a very stady stream add the yokes whisking until smooth.
- Strain into a jug, removing any excess "foam" from the top.
- Pour mixture into chosen dishes/pots.
- Place dishespots into a deep baking tin.
- Pour into the tin surrounding the dishes/pots boiling water, half way up the dishes/pots.
- Cover the tin partially with foil, and place in oven for 40 mins.
- Remove from tin, & set aside & allow to cool. When completely cool, set aside in fridge until needed.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of caster sugar in an even layer on each of the dishes/pots.
- Spray with a small amount of water such as from a "mister".
- Use a blow torch to caremalise the sugar, or at a push grill the top under the grill.
- Allow caremalised top to harden and serve when cool.