Jumbo Stuffed Pasta ShellsFrom applebottom 8 years ago
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb hot italian sausage shopping list
- 2 10oz Jars of Prego/Ragu Chunky Garden Style Sauce shopping list
- 4 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shopping list
- Ricotta or cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1cup of chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 tbs italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- salt (season to taste) shopping list
- 2- 9" square pans or 1- 13" x 9" x 2" shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare shells according to instructions on box.
- Cook ground beef, sausage, onion, bell pepper, garlic and seasonings.
- Stuff each shell with a spoonful of Ricotta/Cottage Cheese, cheddar cheese then layer with beef/sausage mixture.
- Add more cheddar cheese, spread sauce on top, then top with mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place shells in ungreased pans, cover with aluminum foil and heat in oven for approx. 20-30 min. until the cheese is melted inside and out.
- Tips: Lightly grease foil covering shells so the cheese doesn't stick to it. To cut down on time, sometimes I mix the meat and cheese mixture together, then stuff shells. Also, I sometimes mix a little bit of sugar and cayenne pepper with my sauce to add a little more sweet spicy flavor to the shells. Just depends on the mood.
- Last tip: Enjoy!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookapplebottom Locust Grove, GA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!