Buffalo Stew with Shitake MushroomsFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 1 lb. buffalo stewing meat, cubed (You can substitute beef, venison or ostrich) shopping list
- 12 new potatoes, cut into quarters shopping list
- ½ cup chopped onions shopping list
- 8-oz. package baby carrots shopping list
- 4-oz. package fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced, or 2 cups regular white mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 16-oz can whole or diced tomatoes shopping list
- 14½-oz can beef broth shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or more to taste shopping list
- ½ cup red wine shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except meat in slow cooker. Add meat. Cook on low 8-9 hours. Stir well before serving. (I started out on high for about an hour, then reduced the temp to low for another 6 hours or so).
- Because it cooks so low and slow, the otherwise tougher wild game meat melts in your mouth by the time it’s done. I have made this dish with buffalo, venison, ostrich and beef and sometimes combinations of them. It's always delicious.
The Cookdarbar Brevard, NC
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!