Spinach Tuna CasseroleFrom lillyann 5 years ago
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles shopping list
- 1 cup (8-ounces) reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups fat-free milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed n squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced sodium chicken stuffing mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 cans ( 6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream mixture. Add the spinach, stuffing mix, bread crumbs and tuna. Mix well.
- Drain noodles and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with tuna mixture, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating5 people
I've made this recipe of yours before miss Lilly and it IS tastier than the fattening version by far!winny in Denver loved it
THANKS LILLYANN LOVE TUNA NEVER HAD IT WITH SPINACH THOUGH.WILL TRY SOONmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it