Summer Fruit TrifleFrom nikchick 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated fat-free milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon triple sec shopping list
- 1 pound cake, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam shopping list
- 1 pint raspberries shopping list
- 1 pint blueberries shopping list
- 3 cups sliced strawberries shopping list
- 1 pint whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Heat milks in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat to 180 degrees F or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil). Gradually add hot milk mixture to sugar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return the milk mixture to saucepan. Cook mixture over medium heat 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in Triple Sec.
- Spoon the custard into a small bowl. Place the bowl in a large ice-filled bowl for 15 minutes or until the custard is cool, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl from ice.
- Spread slices of pound cake with raspberry jam and form a single layer in the bottom of a trifle dish or other large bowl. (It's ok to leave gaps.) Spoon cooled custard over cake layer and top with one-third of the berries. Repeat layers twice more. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, combine cream and sugar and whip cream until stiff. Top trifle with whipped cream.
The Cooknikchick Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!