Meyer Lemon Pound CakeFrom myhusbandcooks 7 years ago
- 2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3 egg yokes shopping list
- 2 meyer lemons (zest and juice) shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- If you don’t have a non-stick one, grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer, add the sugar and butter. Cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy (3 min). Stop about midway through and scrape down the sides and bottom to make sure all of the butter is being creamed.
- Add the whole eggs one at a time to the mixer on low speed. Once all the whole eggs are integrated, add the egg yokes and integrate on slow speed.
- Add the meyer lemons’ zest and juice. Mix completely.
- Add the vanilla, baking powder and salt. Mix completely.
- Add the flour and slowly mix in. The moment all of the flour is integrated stop mixing. You do not want to over mix the batter. It will make the cake tough by creating too much gluten. If you are worried, feel free to add the flour 1/2 cup at time while hand folding the flour into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan. Place in oven and bake for 75-80 min. When the cake is done, toothpick should pull clean from the center.
- Let cool for 15 min. Turn out onto a plate. Cut into slices. Serve with curd described bellow. Enjoy!