Onion And Wild Garlic Quiche With Parmesan In A Couscous CrustFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 2 cups leftover couscous shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion shopping list
- 15 to 20 cloves wild garlic ( 2 to 4 cloves regular garlic) shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella shopping list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shopping list
- 4 slices tomato shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 1 tbsp butter with leftover Couscous
- (note: the leftover couscous used was originally cooked in vegetable broth with white wine and lemon juice with chives).
- Dump the couscous into an 8" pie plate. Press it down and up the sides of the dish.
- Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil (note: if you are substituting regular garlic, DO NOT use 25 cloves. Wild Garlic is much milder. I would suggest maybe 2 cloves, and I would mince them).
- Spoon onions and garlic into the couscous crust.
- Mix together the milk, eggs, Dijon, 1/4 of the Parmesan, and salt and pepper. Pour over the pie.
- Top with tomato slices, then remaining Parmesan, Mozzarella and cilantro. Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes, or until set and the edges have started to brown.
- Serve small wedges as a side dish, or with a salad for lunch or brunch.
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating8 people
Scrumptious! Thanks for sharing. Gets my 5danadooley in Singapore loved it
i am SO going to make this! WOW!!!yummysandy in Johannesburg loved it
Absolutely fantastic! Only had equiv. to 10" pie plate to increased milk, eggs, and cheeses and baked 55-60 min. LOVE THIS RECIPE. Thank you soooooo much!gghaupt in loved it