Pumpernickel Bread DipFrom lillyann 9 years ago
- 1 cup mayo shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1 envelope vegetable soup mix shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tarragon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill weed (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons, pickle juice shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 packages of frozen spinach (drained and chopped) shopping list
- 3 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers shopping list
- 2 loaves pumpernickel bread shopping list
How to make it
- Mix mayo, sour cream, tarragon, pickle juice, dill weed (optional) and soup mix.
- Stir in water chestnuts, onions and red peppers.
- Squeeze extra water out of spinach (note: since the recipe calls for 1 1/2 packages of frozen spinach, cut through the second package while still frozen with a serrated knife, so you can put it back in the freezer to save for something else). Stir spinach into mixture.
- Cut the top off one loaf of bread, and slice down around the edge (almost to the bottom) scoop out the middle to form a big bowl. Place the dip in the bowl and cut the remaining bread into cubes for dipping.