Vegetables And Small Shells SoupFrom ravenseyes 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup onions (diced) shopping list
- 1 cup carrot (diced) shopping list
- 1 cup celery (diced) shopping list
- 3 tbsps garlic (minced adjust to taste) shopping list
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced) shopping list
- 12 cups stock (chicken, turkey, beef - I used turkey) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tsps italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups corn shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini (diced) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans beans shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups red kidney beans shopping list
- 2 cups small shells (uncooked) shopping list
How to make it
- The key is a flavorful stock - refer to my stock recipes for tips if needed - store bought may be resorted to and my tip would be low sodium - low fat - College Inn or Swansons.
- In a large soup pot add 1 tbsp olive oil - add the first 4 ingredients and saute till onions are clear. Add mushrooms and add salt and pepper to taste. Add bay leaves, herbs, stock and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, including shells cook for 10-15 minutes (add a cup or two of water if you think the soup is to thick - the shells do take up some moisture as they are cooked into the soup) and remove from heat - serve with a slice of crusty bread and some fresh grated parmesan cheese.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!