Homemade Plain YogurtFrom lohashim 8 years ago
How to make it
- Scald milk (remove from heat just before reaching boiling point).
- Cool to lukewarm in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add one cup of the warm milk to the yogurt and mix well.
- Gradually stir the milk and yogurt mixture into the remaining warm milk.
- Pour mixture into glass jars and secure lids.
- Put containers in a warm area where they can be left, undisturbed, overnight (8-10 hours).
- If a thicker yogurt is preferred, place paper toweling on the surface of the yogurt until sufficient liquid has been absorbed to obtain the desired consistency.
- Store yogurt in refrigerator.
- Note: Remember to save one cup of the finished yogurt for the next batch!
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cooklohashim Riyadh, SA
The Rating8 people
I've saved this to use. I go through alot of yogurt. Thanks for a great post. :)coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
I've made my own yogurt for years.. this is the way I do it... it is so good for you too!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Made this in the '70's-need to get back to it. Make sure the first yogurt has active cultures (Dannon does-don't know about other brands).
Thanks for the recipe.elle55 in Pittsburg loved it