Orange Marmalade Bread PuddingFrom noir 5 years ago
- stale sliced bread (I used a sour dough bread) shopping list
- softened butter shopping list
- Seville orange marmalade (you could also use a jam or jelly) shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- ¼ cup caster sugar shopping list
- demerara sugar, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the crusts from the bread slices - butter one side only of the bread and then coat each with a little marmalade.
- Arrange the bread unbuttered side down into a baking dish - you should have enough bread to form two layers. Don't try to make a uniform arrangement of the slices, a patchwork type pattern is best.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, cream, milk and caster sugar and lightly whisk until just combined. Pour this over the bread, making sure all the bread is coated by the liquid. Let this sit for 15 minutes to make sure that the bread has fully absorbed the liquid.
- Sprinkle generously with Demerara sugar (this caramelises as the pudding cooks to give a nice crunch to the top) and then bake in a preheated 180°C/350°F oven for about 45 - 60 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- It will puff quite a lot, a bit like a soufflé but it will deflate once out of the oven - make sure your baking dish is deep enough to contain this expansion.
- This is best eaten warm from the oven.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
This I could do! *wink*pink in USA loved it
Me too! You always give me something to look up but I found it, my friend! wonderful recipe thanks for the post GF Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Every now & then I get the urge for some GOOD marmalade, but then it sits in the fridge for months on end....Now, I know what to do with it :) GREAT idea, great post, Noir :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it