Easy Seafood ChowderFrom modelsmom 7 years ago
- 2 cans clams, undrained shopping list
- 1 lb small cooked shrimp (can use canned or raw) Frugal Cooks Note: use 1/2 lb (or even 1/4 lb) of shrimp, & cut each into 2 or 3 pieces before adding them to the chowder. shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can cream of potato soup shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic (powder or minced) shopping list
- 2 T minced or dried onion shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup half & half shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup celery shopping list
- 1 tsp creole seasoning (mesquite seasoning works beautifully too. Cajun would be good.) shopping list
- 8 oz frozen corn shopping list
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 or 1/2 lb frozen scallops (optional) shopping list
- 1 or 2 small frozen fish fillets (opt.) (no need to thaw - or put everything else in 1st, by then it's thawed enough to cut into pieces) shopping list
- chicken broth -- have it on hand just in case shopping list
How to make it
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients except shrimp, mix well.
- (if using fish or scallops, put them in with everything else)
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours
- Add shrimp
- Cook an additional 15 minutes or so, to heat through.
- - If it looks too thick, or there is too much of the yummy brown stuff on the edges, or you have an unexpected guest, add some chicken broth to thin it out
- - If you used a whole fish fillet, flake before serving.
- - If you need to make a ton of chowder, use 2 cans each of cream of chicken & cream of potato. No need to increase the other ingredients - it still comes out great.
People Who Like This Dish 21
- spicey571 Greenville, SC
- MimiTehBunni Nowhere, Us
- Boston_baker Boston, Ma.
- lulub59 Whereabouts, Unknown
- flip66 Nowhere, Us
- cinnamongal Mequon, WI
- cgandrews69 Nowhere, Us
- rottman Nottingham, MD
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Plus 11 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating7 people
I'm bookmarking for winter!dynie in Marietta loved it
I love sea food chowders thank you.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Made it yesterday and enjoyed it last evening. Just a comment for others making this for the first time... As it cooks, a brown deposit tends to form around the edge of the crock. Just periodically scrape it off and let it blend into the chowder....morerottman in Nottingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!