Pork Tenderloin With Sherry - Soy MarinadeFrom wolfpackjack 7 years ago
- 2-1/2 lbs pork tenderloin shopping list
- 1/8 tspn mustard powder (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/8 tspn dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used the low sodium) shopping list
- 3 + cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup apple jelly shopping list
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Rub meat with mustard powder and thyme to taste. In a 9x12 corning dish, add 1/2 cup sherry, 1/2 cup soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Coat the meat well, cover, and refrigerate over night. I turned the pork several times and re-coated.
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Bake at 325 F, ~ 25 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reached between 140 F to 160 F. Baste pork occasionally while cooking.
- While cooking the tenderloin, In a small saucepan over med-high heat, heat the apple jelly, 2 Tbsp of sherry, and 1 Tbsp of soy, mixing well until it starts to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer. (Note: I did pull off some of the juice, with a baster, from the tenderloin marinade to supplement the volume of this sauce..thanks for the catch Ivy).
- When ready, remove tenderloin, and allow it to rest at least 10 minutes.
- Slice tenderloin and pour the apple jelly sauce over the tenderloin
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
YUM VERY NICE RECIPE THANKS FOR SHARINGminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This recipe sounds wonderful and it's something I'd really love. It has some of my favorite flavor components. I bet it does go perfectly with your Green Beans with Pancetta and Shallotes...another recipe I'm bookmarking. Thanks for presenting suc...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
I like when people suggest what to serve their recipes with. Also people must remember that you don't have to follow recipes exactly as written, just improvise, add and use what you have, great recipe!!invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!