Dona Elenas Aros Con Pollo Mexican Chicken And RiceFrom mrseller 9 years ago
- 1 cups of white rice shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken broth from pot shopping list
- 4-6 pieces of chicken or boneless chicken (depends how much you want) shopping list
- water shopping list
- 2 tbs salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder ( add more to taste) shopping list
- 1 small can las palmas red chile sauce shopping list
- 1 can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 half sliced onion shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken with onion with enough water to cover the chicken in a pot.
- once chicken is cooked, reserve 2 cups of chicken broth. you may save the rest of the chicken broth for other recipes.
- put back the two cups of chicken broth into the pot with the cooked chicken. bring it to a boil.
- once broth is boiling add your 1 cup of rice, onion powder, garlic powder, tomato sauce, red chile sauce.
- cover and bring heat down to a medium low and cook until you see the rice and hardly any water. the rice should be somewhat soft. but if you prefer to have dry and firm rice just add 1 cup of chicken broth instead of 2 cups.
- let cool down and enjoy!!