Apple Ginger And Hazelnut Coffee CakeFrom lillyann 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (I used cherry flavored dried cranberries) shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark rum shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 cups peeled and diced apples (2 large) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsley chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Soak dried cherries in rum for at least 20 minutes.
- Beat butter and brown sugar. Add egg and fresh ginger and blend until mixed.
- Sift together the flour, 2 tsp ground ginger, baking soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Stir in diced apple, cherries and rum, and sour cream. Mix until well incorporated.
- Spread batter in a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Stir together topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool and cut into squares.