Texas Jalapeno CheesecakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips shopping list
- 6 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream divided shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 4-1/2 ounce can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper stemmed seeded and minced shopping list
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped plum tomatoes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions shopping list
- 3 tablespoons diced black olives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Lightly grease sides of a springform pan.
- Pour melted butter over crushed tortilla chips and toss to combine.
- Press on bottom and one-half inch up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and set aside.
- With an electric mixer at high speed beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat to incorporate.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and blend in the flour and 1 cup of the sour cream then beat until smooth.
- Add garlic, green chilies and minced jalapeno.
- Turn off mixer and stir in cheese.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour with the door closed.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve remove cheesecake from pan then spread remaining sour cream evenly over top and sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions, olives and cilantro.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!