Cloud PancakesFrom tuilelaith 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In another mixing bowl, beat together ricotta cheese, egg yolks and sugar until well-combined. Add to flour mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Fold in fresh blueberries.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into batter, leaving a few puffs of egg white.
- Do NOT over-beat.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water sizzle on the surface.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium heat until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered, ovenproof dish in a 300-degree oven.