Soft PretzelsFrom tuilelaith 6 years ago
- 1 packet active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups warm water shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup bread flour shopping list
- 2 cups warm water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, add yeast, brown sugar and salt. Test water temperature with thermometer. When it reads 110 degrees, add the water to the bowl. Stir to dissolve. Add both types of flour and stir well.
- Place dough on floured surface. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about eight minutes. (To knead dough, press down on dough with your palm, fold the dough over and rotate a quarter turn and repeat until dough is ready.)
- Grease a large bowl. Place dough in the bowl and turn dough upside down to lightly coat the surface with the grease. Cover with a kitchen towel and let dough rise for one hour in a warm spot.
- Combine 2 cups warm water (test again for 110 degrees) and baking soda in an 8-inch-square pan. After the dough has risen, divide it into 12 fairly even pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 1-1/2-foot rope, 1/2-inch wide. Twist into a pretzel shape and dip into the baking soda solution. Place on cookie sheets and let rise 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees for eight to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter, and then sprinkle
- with coarse kosher salt (or cinnamon sugar if you don’t like a salted pretzel.)
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating4 people
These sound so good, got to give em a try.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Awesome! I just made these and they are wonderfully yummy!metalbird in Englewood loved it
We love soft pretzels here. I will be making these very soon, probably this weekend.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!