Fort Worth Restaurant Reatas Cream of Jalapeno SoupFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 5 fresh jalapenos stemmed and seeded shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 avocado peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 cups chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes shopping list
- 8 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro stemmed and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mince jalapenos and set aside.
- Heat butter over medium heat in large heavy saucepan.
- Add jalapenos, onion and garlic and sauté stirring, until vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the avocado, tomatoes and cream.
- Lower the temperature and return pan to heat watching and stirring so the cream does not separate.
- Bring soup slowly back to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes to reduce by one-third.
- Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving stir in the chopped cilantro reserving some for garnish.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with the remaining cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
One I love soups, two I love jalapenos, so I guess this is love! It sounds so good.. You must be as bad a I am... I'm always asking for recipes from restaurants.. What can they do... tell you no? I like trying to copy what they serve..linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I forgot to rate this... I made it about 2 months ago... Had to cut in half.. but it worked.. OMG... it is wonderful .. worth a 6 to me!!!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Yum Yum Yum 5!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!