Fort Worth Restaurant Reatas Cream of Jalapeno SoupFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 5 fresh jalapenos stemmed and seeded shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 avocado peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 cups chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes shopping list
- 8 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro stemmed and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mince jalapenos and set aside.
- Heat butter over medium heat in large heavy saucepan.
- Add jalapenos, onion and garlic and sauté stirring, until vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the avocado, tomatoes and cream.
- Lower the temperature and return pan to heat watching and stirring so the cream does not separate.
- Bring soup slowly back to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes to reduce by one-third.
- Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving stir in the chopped cilantro reserving some for garnish.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with the remaining cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Yum Yum Yum 5!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
One I love soups, two I love jalapenos, so I guess this is love! It sounds so good.. You must be as bad a I am... I'm always asking for recipes from restaurants.. What can they do... tell you no? I like trying to copy what they serve..linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I forgot to rate this... I made it about 2 months ago... Had to cut in half.. but it worked.. OMG... it is wonderful .. worth a 6 to me!!!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!