Black Bean Smothered Sweet PotatoesFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 2 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places.
- Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake at 425ºF until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.)
- Meanwhile, combine beans, tomato, oil, cumin, coriander and salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat.)
- When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well.
- Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
How to make a potato a whole meal! Yummy!tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it