Rocket omelette with walnuts and balsamic dressingFrom lohashim 7 years ago
- For the dressing: shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- For the omelette: shopping list
- 25g/1oz butter shopping list
- 4 medium eggs shopping list
- 55g/2oz rocket, chopped roughly shopping list
- 100g/3½oz prepared mixed salad leaves shopping list
- 55g/2oz walnut halves, toasted and broken roughly shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a bowl whisk together the oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Set to one side.
- 2. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk to break up. Season well and add 1 tbsp water.
- 3. Heat the butter in a large frying pan until foaming. Add the rocket and cook gently until just wilted.
- 4. Pour in the omelette mix and cook until golden brown underneath but slightly soft and clear on the top.
- 5. Toss the salad leaves, the dressing and walnuts together. Arrange on two large dinner plates.
- 6. Roughly cut the omelette into pieces and place on the dressed salad leaves