Chicken Divan CasseroleFrom ravenseyes 8 years ago
- 2 10-oz. packages frozen broccoli Spears shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 6 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- Dash of black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups Low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup Whipping or heavy cream shopping list
- 3 Tbs. dry white wine (Non-Alcoholic Substitute: apple juice) shopping list
- 3 chicken breasts, halved and browned shopping list
- olive oil, if desired shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook broccoli as directed on the package; drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken broth, and stir until the mixture thickens and bubbles in the saucepan. Add cream and wine; stir. Reduce heat to simmer, and stir occasionally until the sauce thickens just a bit.
- Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium heat, using a splash of olive oil in the skillet, if desired. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, and turning at least once while browning.
- Place broccoli spears crosswise in a 13-inch by 9-inch oven-proof baking dish.
- Pour half the sauce over the top of the broccoli. Place chicken breasts on top of the broccoli. Add the parmesan cheese to the remaining sauce, then pour over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350-F degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated through. Let the sauce boil a bit to produce a gorgeous golden color; this usually takes about 5 minutes of rapid boiling in the oven.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before serving with a side of rice, pasta, or potato.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!