Low-fat Oatmeal BarsFrom silentc 8 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar (can use Splenda) shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced apples, raisins, or dried fruit (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 13" X 9" baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix the egg, egg white, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the oil and vanilla; mix 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just blended. Add oats and incorporate.
- Mix in extra ingredients (apples, raisins, etc) with a fork.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan; press into pan with wet fingers.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan.
The Cooksilentc North York / Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
These are great!!! My whole family loves them!!! Thank you!!Jessica1976 in loved it
Fantastic! Just made these and they are great. I didn't add any fruit, but I did add about 2 Tbsp of molasses. They aren't dry at all and my kids are loving them! Will definately be making these again, Thanks for the recipe!anana14 in loved it
i used dried cranberries and I must say this IS the easiest and yummiest recipe ever!!! I teach a healthy eating class and this is going to them tomorrow...they're gonna love it. :)ArtsyandFit in Somerset loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!