Grammys Beet SaladFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 8 beets, if they are medium sized between 2 and 3 inches in diameter (in my store it is two bunches) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 large clove of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp of clover honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup of minced red onion shopping list
- 2 scallions, white and green part shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped shopping list
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp of fresh dill, stemmed and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups of sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- several fresh grinds of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Prep time includes 60 minute chill time.
- Boil the beets, trimmed of greens but left with stem intact, whole for 20-15 minutes in slightly salted water.
- Rinse under cool running water and rub off the skins.
- Chop into a medium dice.
- While still warm add the vinegar, garlic and honey to marinate.
- Let sit for 30 minutes for the vinegar to absorb into the beets.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and add to the beets.
- Chill very well.
- Serve with lots of kibbitzing on a bed of greens.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you mentioned beets the other day, notcho...this sounds SOOOOO good. It's printed off and ready for an ingredient run this weekend - I can't wait to try this...I know it will be love at first bite! Kisses!!!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Wonderful. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it