Spicy Asian ChickenFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, sliced shopping list
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise or into rings shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves or 8 boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I use the lower sodium type) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeno and saute 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil into skillet. Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to skillet.
- Whisk together soy sauce and brown sugar. Add to skillet.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water. Add to skillet.
- Cook until heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with lime juice.